Friday, August 14, 2009

O-town is the most beautiful city in the world...


I know it's been a while since I've posted anything here, but this might get me back in the spirit...

The following dialogue between my wife and my daughter will be written in script format to help minimize the "then she said, then she said..."

FADE IN.

INT. CAR - DRIVING ON 680 THROUGH DANVILLE AREA

DAUGHTER
Why do all of theses buildings look the same, Mommy?

WIFE
Well... in newer towns they sometimes have a person who is the developer who designs certain areas to look alike.

DAUGHTER
I don't like it. Why doesn't Oakland look like this?

WIFE
Oakland is a lot older than this area. So, some buildings that were built a long time ago now sit next to newer buildings that have a newer style.

DAUGHTER
Well, Mommy, don't you think Oakland is the most beautiful city in the whole world?

WIFE
No, actually, I think there a lot of cities that are more beautiful than Oakland...

DAUGHTER
Mommy, don't you think you're hurting our house's feelings?

KENDRA REACHES FOR VOLUME TO TURN UP THE RADIO.

FADE OUT.


So my Daughter thinks that Oakland is the most beautiful city in the world, and my Son thinks that the culmination of illegal fireworks on the fourth of July is "the best night ever." Oh, to be five again.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

a. i love that you actually blogged. welcome back my friend.
b. i love that ashlynn thinks oakland is prettier than the burbs.
c. i will never forget jonas running around the are-we-in-bagdad-street screaming "this is the best night EVER!!!!!!"
d. oaktown IS "the city".

stephy said...

We think your house is the most beautiful part of Oakland.

susannah said...

um, i've never realized til now that all of your posts are about the city of oakland.